Saturday, December 1, 2018

I Want it All! And I pretty much have it

What a strange week this has been. My day job was weird, but I'm not here to talk about that. A while back I put up a review of IK Multimedia's Amplitube. In that I mentioned to pay attention to their social media feed. Late last week they put up a contest asking for a video of your best riff and to tag them. I thought about it for a few moments but I new quickly what I wanted to do.

I sat down Sunday with the idea to use an old riff I've had for a while but to push myself into doing something different with the video. So I setup Amplitube on my computer and then set up my phone and iPad to film it. Then I put it all on my wife's Macbook and synced all three in imovie. I cut off front and end of the clip and...



I've had this down tuned riff and most of the song worked out for a while but I've never gotten the drums right on it. But there it is, I shared that video on instagram and then shared that to twitter.

BOOM. Tuesday night I got home from work to find a message on twitter telling me I had WON a copy of Amplitube MAX!!!!!

So now I have pretty much everything in Amplitube. All of the Engl, Dr Z, Marshalls, Mesa Boogies, Oranges and most of the Fenders and Ampegs. Wow. One thing I've noticed is that you can sit there for hours clicking through presets playing the same riff over and over again. haha. It's great, but also I can see where it can be Option Overload. haha. Still I'm pretty grateful to the team over at IK Multimedia, you guys made my Christmas that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment