Friday, November 11, 2016

RIP Leonard Cohen

I haven't been posting much because I've been busy with life stuff. Last night I heard that one of the great songwriters of our time had passed away. He was someone who gave hope to those who listened to him. A voice to those who felt they had none. He was a hero to one of my mentors, and to one of my closest friends. Hallelujah is such a great song, it sounds beautiful but it's really a song about pain and the love of music, at least that's how it always hit me. I think I heard the Buckley version first. There are a lot of people in this world that are scared, lonely, and hurting. And so more and more I find I want to add something beautiful to the world. Rest In Peace Leonard Cohen and thank you.



For those of you who are gear nerds I always post pics of the pedals and settings on instagram so follow me there. In this one I used my trusty Starr Guitar, the Mojo Hand Zephyr, an OCD clone, the Keeley Monterey for a touch of vibe, and my Visual Sound H2O for delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment